The cost of lunch is included in the lunch/activities fee which is automatically added to camp tuition. The menu is a combination of hot and cold lunches, including, pizza, deli sandwiches, BBQ’s & more, with a side dish or snack and a non-carbonated drink or bottled water. On some trips, camp lunch is NOT available & must be brought from home or purchased on the trip. Lunch is included on trips to I-Play and Medieval Times but costs extra at ballgames, the Statue of Liberty, Liberty Science Center, Fun-Time &the amusement parks. Optional trips, to a restaurant, (if any), such as Red Lobster, McDonalds, Hibachi, Etc., costs extra. RCDC does its best to keep parents informed of the daily lunch menu & insure that every camper eats lunch, (even when parents forgot when lunch or lunch money is required).
Reminder: there is NO refrigeration at camp for lunch sent from home
RCDC is a peanut aware camp!
Nuts & pork are never served; hot dogs are all beef.
Any lunch or snack brought from home, containing nuts, will be discarded.
Hot: Pizza, chicken nuggets/patties, hot dogs, hamburgers, ziti/pasta & sauce,
mac & cheese, French toast sticks
Cold: Turkey, bologna, cheese, tuna, butter/cream cheese/jelly, bagels, cereal
Side dishes: Salad, fruit salad, apple slices, watermelon, pineapple, corn, fruit snacks, chips
Drinks: Low sugar: ice-tea, fruit punch, (bug juice), 1% chocolate milk & water
*There is always an alternate lunch available for finicky campers.
– Free fruit: unlimited fresh fruit, from our fruit stand is always available.
– Snack bar: a variety of inexpensive snacks are sold after lunch. NO soda, ice-cream or nuts.
– Weekly Specials: Ice cream trucks, Ralph’s ices & ice-cream is free.
– The Munchkin division campers get a mid-morning snack & drink.
– Water: is always available. Cold, bottled water should be sent from home & refilled at camp.
– On some trips, (you’ll know which), campers can buy snacks and drinks, (movies, bowling, Etc.).
– Breakfast is not available, however, campers arriving before 7:30, can bring & eat it at camp.
– Campers can also bring snacks from home, in their camp bag.